Most people think about how to lower cholesterol levels naturally at home. This natural honey, garlic, and lemon remedy is an ancient effective recipe for lowering cholesterol. Prepare it at home and complement it with healthy lifestyle habits.
Hypercholesterolemia or high cholesterol is a cardiovascular problem characterized by excessive accumulation of lipids in the arteries.
It is one of the conditions classified as a “silent killer,” since it does not usually manifest itself forcefully and, over time, generates significant damage to the body.
Its appearance can occur due to liver malfunction, but also due to poor diet and sedentary lifestyle.
For this reason, it is essential to improve dietary habits, perform physical activity, and, as a complement, consume some remedies of natural origin that help regulate it.
Specific recommendations include the following:
- Reduce the amount of saturated fat in your diet to less than 30% of your daily calories.
- Consume 10 to 20 grams of soluble fiber per day. Sources can be oats, apples, citrus fruits, and carrots, among others.
- Increase the amount of physical activity.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
In this opportunity we want to share a natural preparation of honey, garlic and lemon known for its antioxidant, purifying and anti-inflammatory power.
Natural Remedy To Fight Cholesterol
The natural honey, garlic, and lemon remedy is an ancient preparation that, due to its concentration of properties, continues to be useful as an alternative to lower high cholesterol levels.
These ingredients have antioxidant properties that promote the elimination of lipids retained in the arteries.
Allicin, a sulfur compound in garlic, has a vasodilator and diuretic effect that facilitates the reduction of this problem.
In turn, it acts as an anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant, so it lowers high blood pressure and circulatory difficulties.
Together with honey and lemon, their antibiotic and antifungal properties are enhanced, which are suitable for strengthening the immune system.
The most exciting thing is that it also benefits other body systems since it has a large number of vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
These benefits include:
- Protects the heart and brain.
- Decreases the risk of urinary tract infections.
- It prevents hypertension.
- Reduces liver difficulties.
- It feeds the bacterial flora of the intestine.
- It prevents viral and bacterial infections.
- It improves oral health.
- Reduces joint pain.
- Prevents premature ageing.
How To Lower Cholesterol Levels? Preparation Of The Natural Remedy At Home
The preparation of this simple cholesterol remedy is very simple and will not take much time. You can prepare a good amount, so you don’t have to do it every day.
Ingredients and utensils
- 10 raw garlic cloves
- ½ cup of honey from bees (150 g)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Glass jar
- Wooden utensil
- First, put the glass jar in a water bath and heat it for 5 minutes to sterilize it.
- Meanwhile, take the garlic cloves and cut them into small slices.
- Then put the garlic in the bowl and cover it with the honey.
- Mix with a wooden utensil, and then add the juice of two lemons. Continue mixing until honey and lemon are well integrated.
- Finally, seal the jar and set it to rest for two days.
- After this time, you can already consume it as indicated below to reduce cholesterol.
How to use
- Take a tablespoon of the remedy on an empty stomach.
- If you like, mix it with half a cup of warm water to facilitate its consumption.
- Preferably repeat the dose before each main meal.
- Seal the bottle well after each use and consume it every day.
If you do not have high cholesterol, you can consume this preparation to help keep your defenses active. But, drink only one tablespoon on an empty stomach since although it does not usually cause adverse reactions, it should not be consumed excessively.
And, fundamentally, in case you are taking medications, consult the doctor before ingesting this natural supplement.
Although its effects do not usually occur immediately, day by day, you will start to feel healthier. But, you must compliment your intake with a healthy diet and good lifestyle habits.
It is useless to take this product if you continue to maintain bad habits that influence the accumulation of this fat.