Learn about home remedies to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally to ease the discomfort of hemorrhoids, such as the pain, itching, and burning that they cause.
Seeking hemorrhoid remedies is the goal of anyone who has experienced the discomforts they cause, such as itching, burning, and pain.
The natural ways of treating the discomfort caused by hemorrhoids are usually very varied. The application of ointments or creams and a proper diet help regulate the evacuation process and prevent hemorrhoids.
Before explaining how to treat hemorrhoids, we will include a brief reference to the best hemorrhoid remedy: prevention.
Also, read External Hemorrhoids: everything you need to know.
How to prevent the appearance of hemorrhoids
- Eat foods high in fibre—for example, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Drink plenty of fluids—six to eight glasses of water.
- Fibre supplements are a good idea if you don’t eat enough fibre in your diet.
- Don’t push yourself too hard when trying to pass stool.
- Go to the bathroom as soon as you feel the need.
- Exercise to help avoid constipation and reduce pressure on your veins.
- Avoid spending a lot of time sitting, particularly on the toilet; it can increase the pressure on the veins of the anus.
Here Are 5 Remedies To Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Naturally :
1. Apply aloe vera against hemorrhoids
Home remedies made with aloe vera or aloe are simple, and their benefits are many. Aloe vera has properties that relieve burning, itching, and inflammation.
- You should take a little gel and apply it to the affected area at least three times a day. It is also recommended to apply it after the evacuation process.
2. Prepare a chamomile-based sitz bath
First, heat a little water mixed with a handful of chamomile leaves and flowers. When it’s ready, mix it with more water in a tub and take a bath. You will notice instant relief.
- The application of ointments or oils made from chamomile also reduces discomfort. Chamomile is also used to treat gastrointestinal or menstrual disorders, inflammation, and muscle aches.
3. Apply cold water or ice
Coldwater or ice provides a cool, relaxing sensation, as well as offering quick relief.
- Soak a cloth in cold water or wrap a piece of ice with a cloth, and place it on the affected area for approximately ten minutes.
- The piece of ice should not be placed directly on the hemorrhoids, as this may cause further irritation or injury to the skin.
4. Place a slice of cold potato on the affected area
The potato is a food that is usually found in the home. To take advantage of its benefits, a thin slice of raw potato can be cut, chilled in the refrigerator, and placed on the affected area. This remedy is suitable to deflate external hemorrhoids.
5. Anti-inflammatory treatment with garlic
Thanks to its properties, garlic can be beneficial for treating.
- Put 2 or 3 cloves of garlic in a bowl of water and heat for 10 minutes. Then the water is allowed to cool, strain, and apply to the hemorrhoid area.
In case the discomfort worsens, or there are no improvements, it is important to go to the doctor. Also, remember to eat a healthy diet to minimize the pain of hemorrhoids.
Also, Read – Detoxify The Liver Naturally At Home?